SoundRocket Custom Research
SoundRocket is ready to be your expert research collaborator. We bring an expertise in study design, questionnaire design, sample design, sampling, survey development & testing, qualitative research methods (cognitive interview, focus groups, etc.), data collection (all modes and methods), and data reporting. Services offered include:
- Research & Study Design
- Questionnaire Design
- Survey Design & Implementation
- Self-Administered Surveys
- Web-based Surveys
- Mobile Optimized Surveys
- Paper (Mail) Surveys
- Group Administered Kiosk / Tablet or Paper Surveys
- Interviewer-Administered Surveys
- Telephone Surveys
- In-Person Surveys
- Self-Administered Surveys
- Innovative Technologies in Surveys
- Geolocation Capture (in mobile and web)
- 3rd Party Device Data Capture
- Mobile App Data Collection
- Biomarker Data Collection (Self-administered and Clinic/Facility administered)
- Focus Groups
- In-depth Interviews
- Usability Studies
- Sample Design
- Sample Selection
- Sample Recruitment
SoundRocket IRC (Innovative Research Collaboratives)
From our first multi-campus study, the National Study of Living-Learning Programs (NSLLP) in collaboration with Karen Kurotsuchi Inkelas, we have developed a model for bringing collaboration into all aspects of our partners' research - including with how it is funded. Dr. Inkelas was exploring a multi-site data collection of college students at several midwestern Universities, but lacking significant funding for data collection, she needed a solution. We developed a model whereby participating institutions contributed funding towards a shared data collection. Institutions gained value through receiving a report of the findings for their campus (benchmarked against the others), and Dr. Inkelas gained through expanding her data collection wider than would have been possible otherwise. This collaboration grew into a multi-year annual study that served dozens of institutions.
Other national studies, including the Multi-Institutional Study of Leadership, the Healthy Minds Study, the National Campus Climate Survey, and several others have followed this similar model - bringing together research needs, services needs, and funding for a shared good.
SoundRocket DtC2 Study
Direct To Consumer Genomic Test
Data Tested Comprehension for FDA Submissions
Direct-to-consumer or personal genomic test products are emerging - and the FDA is starting to down-classify them as Class II Medical Devices. In doing so, specific expectations have been established (see letter here) for product performance. Among those expectations is that test providers must evaluate the user (patient) comprehension of the test labeling and result reporting.
The SoundRocket DtC2 Study will provide you with methodologically sound social data captured by survey methodology experts with experience in this process (see Genome Medicine 2014, 6:96). SoundRocket DtC2 Study report will be designed to provide the requested data and summary to include in your FDA submission, and where appropriate, it will identify areas of improvement in your product communications. Where improvements are needed and sought, DtC2 Retest will focus on the improvements to most efficiently get your product to approval and market.
DtC2 Study uses qualitative formative research efforts combined with quantitative survey data collection techniques to verify comprehension with your product. DtC2 Study can be applied to four areas of your product:
- Test kit labeling and instructions (DtC2 Kit Study)
- Test process instructions (DtC2 Process Study)
- Carrier Testing Education Module (DtC2 Education Study)
- DTC Report (DtC2 Report Study)
Most test providers will find that DtC2 Kit Study and DtC2 Process Study are required only once for any similar test type where the kit and process instructions are the same. DtC2 Report Study is typically required for each different test.
Each DtC2 Study will use:
- A Pre- and Post-exposure design
- Statistically justified and demographically diverse study populations (populations may be supplied by the test provider or may be supplied by SoundRocket as a service). Demographic diversity will account for age, education levels, and other relevant demographics.
- Valid and defensible sampling techniques
- Techniques to identify known sources of bias, and efforts to account for them
- Techniques to ensure users are focused on the task within a defined timeframe
- Random assignment to different study arms if multiple tests are being conducted at the same time
- Methods to evaluate comprehension of test limitations, test purpose, and test results
- Comprehension target of 90% or more
Each DtC2 Study will come with a summary report of the methods used in conducting the evaluation, summary comprehension results for each gene/variant/ethnicity tested, and a description of all statistical tests used.